Radisson Blu Resort Temple Bay in Mamallapuram has arranged a Bermuda Party. They invite all teams and officials of the 44th Chess Olympiad, as well as FIDE Congress delegates to the very awaited Bermuda Party, to take place on this coming Wednesday 3rd August (Today).
What is Bermuda Party?
According to tradition, the famous “Bermuda Party” has been organized for participants of the 44th Chess Olympiad. Guests of the Chennai Chess Olympiad, coaches, chess players and representatives of federations had a dance party on the Olympiad’s rest day.
For those new to Chess Olympiads, this major social event is traditionally held on the evening before the free day. Its name is derived from the simple fact that the Bermuda team is the party’s sponsor. The tradition started back in Manila 1992, with FIDE Executive Director Nigel Freeman in the role of main organizer; he retains this role to this day. The party evolved from a small event of 30-40 participants to a massive celebration exceeding 1500 people; even more are expected to attend the party in Mahaballipuram, Chennai!
Come dance and enjoys great socializing and partying time only a few minutes away from the 44th Chess Olympiad playing venue. Food and drinks will be available, while DJ playing international hits takes you through the night. Some surprise performances are expected to make the evening even more special.
All the information related to the Bermuda Party that will be held later tonight! pic.twitter.com/ecyatiArp4— ChessBase India (@ChessbaseIndia) August 3, 2022
Bermuda Party Date, Time & Venue
Start timing: 8:30pm
Date: 3rd August 2022
- Shuttles to leave the playing venue to the party from 8:30pm to 9:30pm
- Shuttles to leave from every hotel to the party between 8pm and 11 pm
- Schedule at the information desk of each hotel
- Shuttles to bring you back from the party starting at 11 pm
- Schedule available on site
Ticket and Access
- Ticket price is 2,500 Indian rupees for Kings for the Bermuda Party at Radisson Blu Resort
- Tickets on sale on 1st August until 9pm (Already Closed) at the 44th Chess Olympiad playing venue (dedicated counter next to player’s cloackrocm) and at the info desk of Leela Hotel on 1st August only until 9pm.
- Complimentary access for Queens but registration required before 1st August at 9pm
- Each participant will be required to show the accreditation and ID card at the entrance
- Snacks and drinks available at the party venue for no cost
- Unlimited open bar and snacks buffet
- The party will take place even in case of rain as the main area, including the dance floor, will be located in the hotel’s banqueting hall. The party perimeter extends to the wide patio and garden. • No specific dress code required. But dress up to party!